WELCOME!

This blog shares my stamp collections and highlights individual items which I feel might be of interest to others.

While my focus is on the stamps of the Philippines, you will find classic stamps, aviation covers, postal history, and many others included.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and please visit often!

Dedicated to Almira and our children, Jimmy, Ana, Lance, and Isabella.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"DALAGANG FILIPINA", REAL-PHOTO POSTCARDS FROM EARLY 1900s


Tonight, I'd like to share two real-photo postcards, actually studio portriats, that I purchased from an antique shop in the Intramuros during my visit to Manila in 1995.

These two photos were taken at Sun Studios in Manila, probably around the early 1900s, judging from the undivided address-side of the postcard.  Apparently, they had once been in picture frames. 


The photos are of the same lovely young lady, although I have no idea who she is.  But I love vintage photographs, especially of the Philippines and the traditional dress of the early days.   In the United States, these are hard to find.  So, I could not pass up the opportunity to add these lovely real-photo postcards to my collection.

Unfortunately, these photos appear to be disintegrating, leaving powdery residue in their plastic sleeves.  These photos were in rough shape when I purchased them in 1995, but today they seem to be more faded.  Therefore, I want to share these photos now, before she fades away forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment